Here we are
Crazy Ashden
Super hikers

The mine entrance with cart tracks

The mine entrance

The mine cable for sending up the goods

We made it!

This is it!

I guess our thing right now is hiking if you have not all ready guessed that by reading the last three posts. But we found another good one. It was one of the longest and hardest hikes we have done so far with the little man, and the baby girl. Ashden did really good with all things considered. He wanted to wear his Teva sandals, and I thought that would be ok because I didn't know anything about this hike. Well it was really rocky and his poor little feet were getting really roughed up. Then after hiking a while he started complaining about his pinky toe. We laughed and joked with him about his "pink" that's what he was calling it. Then I actually checked it out and there was a huge blister. We were over a mile into this hike and it was really steep. There was no way Bennett was going to carry him the rest of the way. So I did what every other mom would do for there little stinker I gave him my socks so it wouldn't rub. That seemed to solve the problem. From then on he was a champion hiker until the very end. Bennett ended up carrying him for the last 5-10 mins. We hiked up to see this huge arch. It was pretty amazing. Along the way we saw a few caves and mines. We actually got to go in an old mine and check it out. Bennett was loving all the different kinds of rocks he found. He actually thought he might have found a meteor. (Does this sound like anyone you know....Joe Dirt or should I say Joe Dirtay). He did some research online and was disappointed to admit that it wasn't indeed a meteor. :) haha! We had a lot of fun anyway!

6 comments:
You guys are hiking FOOLS!! :) I wish we could get out more at this time of the year. Oh well.
i agree with mel, super hikers! I am jealous of the NO SNOW!!
Becka, you did it! How did you finally figure out how to make your pictures enlargeable? Every one of your posts about outdoor activities is like a dagger in my heart. I'm going so crazy for warmer weather that I have even started having dreams about being at the beach and laying out in the warm sun. I'm being serious, I think I had my third or fourth dream last night.
Thank goodness for that baby carrier, huh? Your getting lots of mileage out of that and Macey gets go on all sorts of fun hikes before she can even walk!
Super Hikers is right. That is an awesome arch! And Ashden you are the MAN!!! Even with the hurt pink :)
That looks so fun and I am ready for warmer weather as well,(well I guess not too fast because then we would need a boat.) It is great that you are enjoying so much of the out of doors, we wish we were there!
Post a Comment