This is Bennett exploring a "Awesome Mine" (Bennett and Erik's description). They were the only two that would know, because when you get those two together they take off into adventure mode! The rest of us were hiking and they came across this mine that was really long and actually had a ladder that went up into different levels. After being in there for a long time and scaring the pants off their father they came out very excited and haven't been able to stop talking about how awesome this mine was.
This is Ashden at the Outlets in Primm. It was very nice for him because they had all these fun little rides and toys for him to play on while we shopped. Very nice touch on their part!
After the outlets we decided to head over to Buffalo Bills and ride the roller coaster. I am totally afraid of heights and had no idea what I was in for. Ashden was feeling very left out that he couldn't go on the roller coaster so we found this little froggy ride for him. The crazy thing is he made me go on it with him and he absolutely loved it... but it scared the crap out of me! It was much higher then I expected. So you can only imagine my reactions to the roller coaster. If you don't already know the roller coaster is one of the fastest roller coasters in the world! We actually did it twice and the second time was even more scary because I knew what was coming. It was really fun though and Bennett and I joked that we actually got 2 minuets and 45 seconds of alone time together! Pretty sad I know! :)
Mayce loves to hike and be outside.
Craig ran the six tunnels half marathon and did fantastic!
Sammy and Karli shopping.... shout out to H&M WE LOVE THAT STORE!
One of the days we hiked up to some caves. Erik, Sammy, Ashden, and Bennett were very adventurous and went all over in the cave, but as for me, Karli, and Lynette we were happy to sit where we can see the entrance/exit. Can you say claustrophobic!
Some of the views from inside the cave
Erik exploring every last part of the cave
This is every one making there way out
Grandpa Craig went to all the Mountain West Basketball games but we did enjoy seeing him before, in between, and after all the games

We had to show everyone some of our favorite hikes. Also the Obergs have a thing for rocks so we spent a good part of the afternoon searching for various kinds of rocks.

I love the view! The weather is so wonderful here!

Bennett's family came down to visit us over the weekend. We had so much fun! As you can see we packed in a lot of hiking, exploring, roller coaster riding, sight seeing, eating good grub, celebrating, of course shopping, and just enjoying the good weather! It's always fun to have visitors and Ashden and Mayce couldn't get enough! Ashden goes through serious withdrawls when everyone leaves! Ashden loves all of his aunts but he especially loves his aunt Sammy. He was very excited to spend time with her and also with his aunt Karli. It was great to see the Oberg clan they always guarantee a good time!
12 comments:
poor aunt crystal got tossed aside like an old hat.... Maybe one day he'll decide that I'm girlfriend material again.
It looks like you guys had a great time! We're sorry we weren't able to come and missed out on all the adventurizing. You know Taylor would have been all about the mine exploration.
Becka- I don't blame you for being freaked out on the Buffalo Bill's ride. I rode it when I was 14 and was almost in tears because my brother told me that some girl's head got chopped off when the roller coaster went under the tunnel. I'm glad to report that my head was just fine
WOW. What a visit! I can't believe all the things you guys did! I bet you're totally "funned-out!"
I'm jealous about the rollercoaster! I've never been on it!
It looks like you had a good weekend and little Mayce is sooo cute and smiley.
Its so fun to have family visit. You did a little of everything!
We had so much fun! I miss you all already. It was so terrible to come home back to the cold. Thanks so much for letting us stay! we had a blast, Erik can't stop talking about the mine and how he wants to go back and explore it more. Hopefully I'll be able to get work off again, and we'll sneak down in May and play some more! Tell Ashden I say Hi! Love you guys
That was quite the weekend, but looked very fun. I have to tell you, at Hershey Park they have that Frogger ride, and Jaedon loves it. And did you know that it was made by S&S in Logan? :) I love the picture with you and Mayce. So cute!
I also love the picture of you and Mayce! She is so big already!
I am glad craig didn't get killed the MWC basketball games because I heard they were a bit crazy there (stupid UNLV!)
I am jealous of all the great shopping you guys were able to do......i love outlets!
Becka, we live all the way up north - 95 and Durango. It's the last exit before getting to Kyle Canyon/Mt. Charleston. We've been down Henderson way twice I think? Isn't that where you are?
Anyway, Jon's sister gets free tickets all the time! The next time they come up, I'll let you know and maybe you can come with us!
Oh! that just made my day! He is so cute, such a sweetie, I'll print those off and mail some to you, they are pretty good pictures! i need your phone # so I can call Ashden and tell im happy birthday today! you can email it to me, thats fine, or i'll just get it from erik. Happy Birthday Ashden!
It looks like you didn't have a free minute all weekend. So many fun activities. Macye is changing so much, she's a doll.
How did you pack that all into one week... Amazing!
What fun with your family! I totally understand about the rollercoster - I am terrified of heights!!
Post a Comment