Sunday, March 21, 2010

Best Birthday EVER

I would have to say I think Ashden had a really great Birthday. This is how his birthday celebrations played out....
Ashden six years old
Breakfast in bed.
(He was up at 6:15 wanting to know where his breakfast was. What a stinker.)
He got a Lego/ Train table and loved it!
We let him open 2 presents in the morning and then he had to wait clear until dad got home from work to open the rest. Torture I know.
Buzz lightyear was a definite favorite.
For Ashden's birthday his Grandpa flew out here to be with him. I asked him if he wanted a party and he said no he just wanted to go to the zoo with his Grandpa.

The weather was perfect and he sure had a great time!

Two little monkeys!
What a great Grandpa. The kids absolutely ate him up!



I took cup cakes to Ashden's school and his class sang to him. He was very excited but got very embarrassed when they started singing to him.

We did a lot of playing at the park on his birthday.

He got to pick his favorite place to eat dinner and of course he chose teriyaki chicken at the mall. What a funny kid!

And to finish the day off he finally got to eat his cake, open the rest of his presents, and go to bed! He was exhausted but told me he had the best birthday ever! Happy Birthday Ash, I can't believe you are six!

We finished off a great couple days with Grandpa by celebrating another major victory. Me and Craig ran in the National Marathon in down town DC. One word to describe this event.... AWESOME! Thanks Craig for coming out. It meant the world to Ashden, Mayce can't get enough of Grandpa, Bennett enjoyed every second, and it was sooo nice to have my running partner back. We sure love ya!

8 comments:

Hess said...

What a fun birthday! What a good run.

Johnsons said...

Happy Birthday Ash! Can you believe he is already six? These boys are just growing way too fast! Wyatt just lost his first tooth.
Great job running the marathon! You look amazing. I miss you guys. We need to plan something soon.

The Obergs said...

Wait, wait, wait... so did you end up running the full marathon?? Becka, you are a champion!

I'm glad Ashden had such a great day. It was jam packed with serious fun. My favorite part of his birthday was teriyaki chicken... who picks teriyaki chicken?? It looks like he enjoyed it.

Donene said...

What a great time you have been having. Way to go on running the marathon and glad that Craig could come and share this time with you all. I can't believe how Ashden is growing up!

Rachel said...

What a fun birthday and what a great mom you are. :) I'm glad he likes to go to the mall!

Sammy said...

That sure was the best birthday ever! that is so fun that craig was able to come out and play with you all for Ashden's birthday, it was so fun talking to him on friday, he cracks me up, i think his crush on me is officially over. SAD! he didn't seem to thrilled to be talking to me ha ha, what a cute kid. his star wars cake is awesome, and it cracks me up he wanted teriyaki chicken at the mall. ha ha so hilarious what a funny kid, way to go on the 1/2 marathon! you are amazing.

c-natalie-l-k-l said...

Wow!!! I can't believe he's 6!!! What a sweet boy--wanting to spend his birthday with Grandpa!

Way to go on the Marathon! I am always amazed by you, Becka!!!

Sherice said...

Your babies are looking so grown up! What happened?? Sounds like Ashden had quite the birthday. He is growing up to be quite a little stud muffin. And congratulations on yet another marathon!! You seriously rock woman! I'm glad you had a good experience. That would be such a cool place to run. One day we REALLY need to find a race to do together!

p.s. A little birdie{Lindi} told me you guys are getting ready to have another baby!?! I'm so excited! Can't wait to hear all the details. Hope you are feeling good:)