This last week we just finished up Ashden's spring soccer season. This was his first time ever playing any organized sport and I would have to say he did pretty good. I am really proud of him for sticking it out and doing his best. It was really fun to watch him, although very frustrating at times, it was very rewarding in the end! He started the season off with a lot of enthusiasm although he didn't really know what to do, or what was going on he still got in there and followed the "pack" around. Then he lost all interest and didn't really want to play at all...(which shattered my heart into a million pieces because I LOVE SOCCER!) I got over it and let him decide mid season what he wanted to do, and he choose to play. He played the rest of the season really just to please me, still having very little interest in the game. Something changed the LAST game. All of a sudden something clicked with him. He realized how awesome soccer really is. lol! He had an awesome game! He was the star. He got in there and showed everyone he could play! I was amazed, I knew he had it in him. I am so proud of him! After the game he was so bummed this was his last game. I guess it took the whole season for him to catch on. What a roller coaster ride! 





Wednesday, May 13, 2009
Ashden's Soccer
Posted by Becka and Bennett at 9:24 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment