Saturday, April 25, 2009

Fishing

Today felt a little like life used to be before residency! Bennett had the day off and it was 90 degrees. What kind of adventure could we possibly put together on a hot Saturday afternoon you may wonder? It never takes Bennett long to come up with something. As long as it involved water I was game. We ventured out to Seneca Creek Park. This state park is beautiful. There are so many awesome trails for hiking and biking we will definitely be going back. We went to a big lake and the boys rigged up there fishing poles and the girls well we took off our shoes (well Mayce stripped down nakie) and enjoyed a nice dip in the cold lake. Mayce did prove to be an Oberg through and through and would have made her Grandpa Oberg very proud catching her very first fish with the help of Ashden. She giggled and squealed with pure delight every time Ashden and Bennett pulled a fish out of the water, which was about every time they casted! Great day for fishing!

There were turtles all over the place which were very fun to watch.

This picture of Mayce looks so much like Bennett to me. Ashden would swim around then come back and catch a few fish.
Ashden was so sweet and would always show Mayce his catch.
Mayce got a kick out of the fish flipping all over the place.
Mayce loved holding the fish.
Priceless!
Daddy's girl thats for sure!
Ashden telling her what to do with this fish.
If only this picture had sound, Mayce was so excited and was squealing away.
Again priceless!
Mayce's catch with Ashden's help!
Let me show you how to do it dad.
Shoot'n the breeze! lol!

9 comments:

Hess said...

What a fun day. I didn't even get 90 degree weather in Hawaii :(. Your new family picture is so cute! I was just looking on Childrens Place website trying to pick out stuff for family pictures! I think you made some good choices.

Tringali Family said...

How fun! I miss the Touro days only because we had so much time off to do so many things. I miss getting out and doing last minutes activities nearly every weekend! Cute new family picture.

Donene said...

What a fun day and the pictures are priceless!

Anonymous said...

Dang, what a fun day! I am loving the warm weather as well. We need it after such a long and cold winter. Your pictures are so cute!

The Wynn Family said...

That is a great way to spend the day. Your kids are growing up so fast!

The Obergs said...

Oh Becka, this is too cute. First of all, I'm so jealous about your 90 degree weather AND your day of fishing. I would love to go out and enjoy a fun day like that. I feel like I've been cooped up for way too long. I agree that Mayce looks just like Bennett. Taylor and I were looking at baby pictures of the boys and came across a picture of Bennett that could have passed for Mayce's twin.

Sammy said...

YAY! PICTURES!!! Those are the sweetest little kids i've ever seen we miss them sooo much! I can't believe it, they are getting SO BIG! That looks like so much fun, fishing and swimming in that river, how fun. I'm glad that Bennett had the day off on such a beautiful day! Mayce is too cute, and yep looks so much like Bennett but I can see you in her too.
Erik and I are hoping to get a camera for the computer so we can chat with you guys more. We never get to talk to you! Hope everythings going well, love you all!

Rachel said...

We went fishing last weekend too, I can only wish that it would have been 90 degrees. I love the pictures of Bennett and Ashden fishing.

Kallee said...

I can't believe how big Mayce looks. I'm so glad you posted some pictures. I love the picture of Mayce grabbing Bennett's leg. So cute! Looks like you guys had a blast together.