Ashden is going to make my hair gray! The other day we went to the park. Ashden and Mayce had doctor's appointments but we had just enough time to go to the park and play for a while. It was such a nice day. We played at the park for a while and then Ashden noticed there was a little trail that went back into the woods. We decided to go for a hike. It was such a beautiful hike all the flowers are in bloom. There was a river that was going right a long side of the trail. It was very peaceful and the kids were having such a great time. After hiking for about 1/2 hour I decided we had better turn around because I didn't want to be late for the doctor. Ashden still having lots of energy complained and didn't want to turn around, but I insisted and told him we should race back to the park. Well with that being said I told him to stay where I could see him and off he went! I yelled for him the whole entire hike back but he never answered and I could never see him. I didn't panic yet because he has ran off so many times before, I just assumed I would see him back at the park. I hurried back to the park fully expecting him to be there waiting but sure enough he was no where to be found. I yelled and yelled for him but there was no response. I back tracked back into the woods calling for him but nothing. It had been about 5-7 min since I had seen him. So I thought well maybe he didn't see the park and kept going on the trail, because the trail kept going. I walked past the park and continued on the trail yelling and yelling but no awnser. After walking for about 5 min I thought he had to have seen the park, he wouldn't keep going. So I turned back around and ran into a lady and asked if she had seen a 5 year old boy. She said no, and began helping me look for him. By now it had been about 10-15 min. I now started to panic. Every thought entered my mind. Was he in the river, did some weirdo take him, is he hurt, where could he be! It's one thing to be lost, but lost in the woods just feaks me out! I continued to run up and down the trail yelling as loud as I could when a jogging man came out of no where. He asked if I was alright. I began to tell him I lost my boy it's been 15 min and I didn't know what to do. He immediately told me he was on the SWAT team and was calling in a missing person report and would have 3 policeman on seen with in 5-10 min. As I recounted the story to him and gave a brief description sure enough 3 policeman showed up with in 5 mins. Impressive hu! I had completely lost it by now and was sure Ashden was gone forever and I was never going to see him again. I then had a quick feeling to go check the park one more time. It had now been 30 min. The policeman were talking about which areas they were going to cover when I just ran back to the park at a full sprint. When I got there sure enough here comes Ashden sliding down the tube slide. "Hi mom, what took ya so long." Was his response. Then he could see how upset I was and that I was crying. He was so dumb founded on what had just happened. I explained to him the whole situation and told him he was in trouble for running from me but then wrapped him so tight in my arms I had a hard time letting go. Ashden continued to tell me he was just waiting for me in the tube slide. The police man came over after a couple min wondering where I went and was very glad to see Ashden there. It was a great lesson for Ashden, the police man talked to him and gave him a good scare. I had to do a lot of explaining in the car because Ashden was so confused. He kept saying mom I didn't get lost I was just waiting for you in the slide. He wasn't even intentionally hiding he was just patiently waiting in a place that seemed good to him. Well at the doctor we found out Ashden had an ear infection in his right ear and when he gets ear infections he can not hear at all! So that may have been why he could not hear me yelling for him. What a STINKER!
Friday, April 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
14 comments:
Oh that is so scarey. I freak out if I can't see my kids for two seconds. I can't imagine what you must have been feeling. I'm glad that there were good people there to help out and that everything turned out just fine.
I can't believe that! I was getting choked up and laughing at the same time because we could just see Ashden doing that. Erik and I were reading it together and erik said "i bet I did that once, but there weren't as many weirdos" so true, that is so scary. I love this story, I'm SOOOO glad that he is safe and that you were able to find him. I can't imagine what you must've been felling! Glad everything is ok.
Yikes! We are so glad that everything was okay. It was a great story for my kids though, after I told them about it they said: "Mom don't worry we will answer when you call"
wow- that is so scary! I am so glad you found him safe and sound!
Becka that is so scary I am so glad you found him. I wish I never knew that feeling it is just so awful, but makes you so grateful once you had him in your arms again I'm sure.
I think you should get one of these
How scary!! I would have freaked out! I'm so glad you found him safe and sound!
I may have had some experiences like htat.........but not with policemen or SWAT guys. SCARY!!! Of COURSE he had an ear infection, what would I have been thinking :)
Very Cute Pictures! Sorry you were traumatized at the park.
LOVE the new blog look! You look so pretty in that picture, what a photogenic beautiful family!!!we sure miss you guys!
That is the most terrifying feeling.
I lost Tyler at church in Henderson once and someone found him in the parking lot. I lectured him about being safe and asked him if he understood, and he said "Yes Mom. Like we don't go into haunted houses!"
Well Beck, I heard the story from your dad, then from your mom and then I read the blog. So funny how different each story was. What are the chances of running into a member of the swat team...honestly. Only you.
You can be expecting a call soon, we're starting the moving madness.....what do I do!!!! Wish us luck.
Holy Cow!! I watched 'The Changeling' with Nic last night, and I was up ALL night upset about that movie!! Do NOT watch it! (if you haven't already seen it) It is about a little boy who ends up missing- Anyways, I am so glad you were able to find him!! That is the worst feeling ever when you are going through all of those "I'm never going to see them again" feelings. I'm sorry! Kade has done that to us a time or two- those darn boys!!
I can't believe how big your kids are getting! I am so glad you are getting back to running and loving it! We should plan a race together this summer. Let me know if you are signed up for any. And I loved your post about being a mom. It really is such a hard job, but I agree, nothing could replace the sense of accomplishment and satisfaction that it brings. It truely is the best, and I'm so happy you can recognize that amidst all of those libs out there. Ha ha.. I've been hanging around Nic WAY too long!! Let me know if you guys are going to be here any time soon- it would be awesome to see you guys!!
Ohhhhhhhh, scary. I don't even like to think about that! I'm glad everything turned out alright. Way to go, policemen, for showing up so quickly!
Post a Comment