Wednesday, April 1, 2009

A day at a time

So here is the scene for you: running, music is super loud, songs that I love that I wouldn't normally listen to with my kids around, I am sweating like crazy, my heart is beating, I am breathing hard, my brain releases,I feel like I have completely let go of any stress, worry, care, it's hard, I am totally pushing myself, and I am in heaven! I have had two awesome days of running and I can't tell you how good it feels to be back! The runners "high" that I experience while running is exhilarating and makes me want to run more and harder and faster it's just amazing! I have really been frustrated lately trying to find a balance. Trying to find a way to make time for me in every aspect of my life with out being super selfish! I have started to realize if I am going to be happy and in some cases "nice" I have to exercise. I have been pretty good about getting to the gym but it just seems like lately the kids have been sick or something keeps getting in the way. I haven't been running or exercising for a couple weeks. I am back on board and it feels sooo good! I got some new songs for my Ipod and it makes all the difference! I love love love to run! So here is to two good days of awesome running and I will take it a day at a time and hopefully be able to get back into shape and feel good about summer coming! (dreading putting on a swim suit!) hahahha :)

8 comments:

Hess said...

I know that feeling but, have yet to feel that in a looooong time! Good job, please send some of your love for running my way. Don't talk about swimsuits we are leaving for Hawaii in 8 days and my weight still is not budging, despite p90x, 1200 calories a day. I know "poor me" I guess going to Hawaii fat or not is still better than not going at all. At least that is what I tell myself. Keep up the good work.

Jill said...

You kick butt! I really want to have a runner's high the way you describe it makes it sound great. Always take time for yourself, because your right I don't know how anyone is very nice when they never take time to do something for themselves. Your an awesome mom and I cannot believe how cute your kids are and how fast they are growing.

The Hardy's said...

Way to run. I, unfortunately am not a runner but most of my husband's family is and they love it too. They say the same thing: that you get an energy high where you feel like you just want to keep on going and going. I say "YOU GO GIRL!"

The Wynn Family said...

All I can say is your awesome!

Seegmiller Six said...

Way to go! Keep it up!

Rachel said...

I love the feeling I get when and after I am running, but the dread to actually go and DO IT sometimes stops me. Dang it! You have motivated me to do better.........after I get over this blasted cold :)

Oh, and the kids pictures are SO CUTE!

Johnsons said...

I totally know what you mean about balance and also about needing exercise to be nice. I am a much happier person when I exercise! I wish that I loved running like you. Way to go, that is awesome.

The Obergs said...

Are you kidding Becka, you look fantastic! If I looked like you I would never dread putting on a swim suit. Oh how I wish I liked exercising. I dread it every single time I go... You're my idol!