Saturday, March 7, 2009

I LOVE MY JOB

I had a conversation with a couple girls recently that I haven't been able to stop thinking about. The conversation was about being a mom and the pro's and con's that go along with it. The conversation turned slightly negative focusing on all of the bad things about being a mom. I have witnessed a whole new perspective moving East as to the way motherhood is perceived. Education is such a big deal out here,(although I am a firm believer in getting an education) it seems the focus is on your career, feeling important, having power, and making lots of money or having the double income, and being super busy. Those are the things made to look so glamorous. As the conversation continued I couldn't help but think there is nothing in the whole world I would rather be doing then being a mom to my two little monkeys! I do have hard days like every one else has, but at the end of the day I wouldn't trade it for the world! I feel so blessed to be able to stay home with these two kidos, and we sure have a good time together! I truly truly love being a mom, my kids have brought me so much happiness. I can't think of any other job or career that could do the same! There is no shame in being a mom, in the end it is very rewarding!













15 comments:

Unknown said...

I completely agree! I often think about going and getting a job...but it quickly leaves after I think about leaving the kids. Nothing better in the world than to be a mom!

Amanda said...

Couldn't agree more! You said it perfect. You have such cute kids and we love hanging out with you guys.

P.S. I love the "man cold"!

Sammy said...

I'm so glad you posted those pictures! how adorable, little mayce kills me, what a little cutie pie! and ashden looks adorable as well, what a stud. He looks like he was loving soccer! Can't wait to see more pictures. I agree with you. I hope that one day i can just be a mom! I can't think of a better job!

Lisa said...

Being a mom is the best job in the world! I wouldn't trade it for anything :)

Jill said...

Dito! I love the new pics of Mayce I cannot believe the last time I saw her she was a newborn and now she is this cute little girl. Time Flies. I hope all is well with you.

The Obergs said...

and who wouldn't love being a mom to those cute little kiddos.

I'm laughing at the amorphous snow blob that Ashden built, he and the snowman almost have the same smile, hahah.

I will say that it has been scary to give up working with the prospects of staying home with baby girl... but I'm really looking forward to it.

Clint Salo said...

You are so right! Being a mom is the best!!! But not easy! I can't believe how big Mayce is!!! What cute kids you have!

Natalie

Garmire's said...

Mayce is getting big! She's so adorable!

The Cox Family said...

I love the post. I needed to hear that. I feel the same way sometimes especially when all of Deven's co-workers have wives that work, but I love to stay home Shirlyn

Rachel said...

Nicely said. And you have the cute pictures too!

The Wynn Family said...

I agree! I get have been getting so many comments like: "I can't believe she has two kids and one more on the way" etc. and so forth. But I wouldn't trade it for the world.

Tringali Family said...

Mayce is so big!

Bryan said...

You are a great mom, Becka! I'm excited to join the club, but they sure make it tempting to keep working...my boss will do anything to keep me on...she's basically said I can work from home as much or as little as I want and take leave for up to 6 mos...I might try it out and see how it goes, but definitely need to hear this post...everyone at work just automatically assumes I'll take maternity leave and be right back to work! NO WAY!

Hess said...

Ok, so I have to apologize! My battery died the other day when we were talking. I was at Lindseys house without a charger and didn't have your number, when my phone dies it's DEAD. Macey looks so BIG, I can't believe it!

The Hardy's said...

Ditto, ditto, ditto!!!