Monday, March 23, 2009

Ashden's Birthday

I love birthdays! With Ashden's birthday being of no exception we had a week long party! We had a little celebration Sunday night with some friends ate yummy chocolate Carmel cake and peanut butter ice cream. Through out the week Ashden made cup cakes and he got to decorate each and every one . On his birthday he got to feel extra special by waking up to breakfast (it was going to be in bed but we decided it would probably be better to just eat at the table) fun decor just to his liking, cup cakes to school, cup cakes to karate, and many happy birthday songs sung to him all day. Bennett made Ashden wait to open his birthday presents until after he got home from work, which was complete torture for him, as he was wanting and wishing to open presents all day long! Lucky for him Bennett got off work a little bit early and we enjoyed a nice dinner of his choice, presents, and more cupcakes to finish the night. Ashden chose not to have a birthday party which meant he got to go on a special date with just mom and dad. Lucky for us the circus was in town. So we got awesome tickets sitting pretty much on the front row, got a baby sitter for Mayce, and rode the Metro into town to the circus. It was pretty funny because I think Ashden enjoyed riding the metro as much as he enjoyed the circus. He was so funny, over joyed, and filled with excitement that night! The circus was very fun with his favorite parts being the motorcycler that rode across the tight rope, the seven motorcyclers that rode in the cage, the tiger act, the goofy clown, and of course the elephants that he could barely keep his eyes open for. The elephants were one of the last acts and right when they were done Ashden fell asleep! He was such a trooper, and I think he felt very special having the whole night all about him! He is fun kid and we love him lots! Although, I still can't believe he is 5! HAPPY BIRTHDAY ASHDEN!










5 comments:

Hess said...

I can't believe your boy is FIVE!!! That seems so old, but Kade is right behind him. What fun times with him, I love the circus. Kade and Kyle went the the Ringling Brothers circus when I was in the hospital with Avery. I am sure they were enjoying themselves more than I was. Happy Birthday Ashden!!

Tringali Family said...

Happy birthday Ashden! Time just keeps flying by...Looks like you had a fun day!

The Obergs said...

That is a serious Birthday Bonanza! It looked like he was having so much fun. All day on his birthday I kept bugging Taylor to call Ashden so we could sing to him. He wasn't going for the whole singing thing, but he told me I could do it. So we finally called, no one answered, Ashden called back a while later and Taylor didn't even hand over the phone...
Oh well, it's the thought that counts right?

I agree with Hess, I can't believe that he's five! I remember going to the Oberg's house for Taylor's 22 birthday and meeting 6 day old little Ash man. That really feels like it was yesterday. I even remember what you were wearing Becka.

Donene said...

That sounds like the funnest birthday ever, the pictures are great and I love that you got one of him sleeping. Happy Birthday Ashden!!

Sammy said...

I love the picture at the bottom, zonked out. How cute! I can't even BEGIN to tell you how bad I feel that we missed calling ashden on his birthday! he probably doesn't like me anymore. SAD! It has been insane the past few weeks, we got back from our trip and I just started up in Logan this week, its been pretty crazy. I can't believe he's 5, 5 seems so much older than 4!!! but so exciting! We'll have to call and give ashden a late happy birthday. Hope all is well! love you guys!