Sunday, July 6, 2008

Our humble home







After getting pulled and tugged in every direction we have finally moved into a house. Just when we thought nothing more could go possibly wrong it did. We have experienced some really hard times and we have been completely humbled. On a more positive note we are in a house and it is very nice. Now for the getting settled part... this shall be interesting because we don't get any of our "house hold goods" as the army calls it for another 2 weeks. So what to do in a small empty house with two crazy monkeys.... I don't know? Bennett started his schedule this month and it goes a little something like this... 30 hours on 3o hours off. So welcome to single motherhood. I got a good taste of being a single mom today at church and I don't think I am going to like this! We did enjoy the fourth with family(my two brothers) and Bennett was able to make it for the fire works so maybe It won't be so bad. Its going to be a long 4 years!


22 comments:

The Obergs said...

oh Becka, I have heard about all of your stressful moments and I'm sorry about each and every one. However, this a great house. It is so cute on the inside and the outside, I'm sure you will totally love it once you get everything settled. What family did you spend the 4th with?? I'm glad you had a good time though. Sorry for Bennett and his terrible schedule. Hopefully it will be better next month...

Camille said...

No more hotels!!! Yeah!!! So glad you found a place (finally), and we are jealous that you were all together on the 4th, we definitely missed you here!

Sammy said...

WOW! I'm so happy that you guys are finally settled but thats got to be so frustrating! Looks like you've found a great place for now, and it is so nice and cute. Hopefully you'll get your things soon and everything will start to fall into place. Hang in there! your a trooper and I don't know how you do it. Bennett's schedule sounds so hard, I'm sorry. Hopefully it won't be like that too long? We love you all!

Lisa said...

Your home is BEAUTIFUL!! I am so sorry that so many things went wrong, but I love the house, and hopefully your 2 weeks waiting for your "household goods" will go by quickly :)

Jill said...

Becka I love your new home it is beautiful. I am not sure what's been going on that was not good, but I hope that things get better. I've always felt like you have it so together. You will do great with the children on your own. Just take a breath and keep going. Love ya

c-natalie-l-k-l said...

I'm so glad that you have a place to call home! It's beautiful!!!! You could have some great soccer games until your stuff arrives!

We're thinking about you and hope things start falling into place! Good luck entertaining your monkeys!

The Wynn Family said...

Wow! Your house looks great! We are so excited that you will finally be able to get settled in--eventually :) We miss you guys!

The Cox Family said...

Hey your home looks great and it looks huge compared to ours. 1200 sq feet is what we are trying to settle into. We have had to do more fix up work than we anticipated so we have been a little frustrated. I must say I have been humbled too, but surprisingly I love it here in Hawaii and that has kept me going. Hang in there. Shirlyn

Unknown said...

LOVE the house!! Sorry that you are joining the ranks of "single" mom. I am not looking forward to those days. You will have to take some little trips up here and we can spend some days together. ;) And we will have to come down there as well.

Donene said...

I think your house looks great and I am glad that you are finally in it. I have a wedding announcement to send to you but you have not had an address so could you send me your address, my e-mail is bigridger2@yahoo.com Thanks, I am sorry that you have been having a bad time, it will get better.

MaRea Hess said...

The stress of house hunting is over. I am so glad that you finally found your home, it is so cute. It doesn't look like your have to do anything to it. You'll have to give me a call and let me know how everything turned out.

Rachel said...

FINALLY! Your house it beautiful! You need to take pics of the yard so we can see it! At least you don't have to live in hotels anymore, you can live in an empty house :) at least it is more permanent and you can empty your cars though! :)

Anonymous said...

Cute home. I am so happy to hear that you found a home. I hope that we will be able to get together soon! good luck unpacking

Tringali Family said...

How fun! So what have you been doing to fill your time? We just can't believe how fast time is going by already.

Seegmiller Six said...

Although empty, your home is beautiful! All that space for ashden to run around in! I'm glad you guys found a place1 Take care!

Sherice said...

Becka! I got "Blog-surfing" and ended up on your blog! I haven't talked to you for a while so I am sorry things have been frustrating. From what I can tell it seems things might be turning up. Your house looks absolutely adorable, and way nice inside. Hopefully you can get settled and start feeling better about things. It takes time-but I'm sure you'll grow to love it there in D.C. Take care, and call us if you are coming to UT any time soon!

Meghan said...

The house is super cute. Sorry you have had a hard time-I hate moving. We didn't have our stuff for a week when we moved in-no fun. Hope you get it soon!

Ashlee said...

becka your house looks so cute, i love it! you guys will have fun on this adventure too:)

~H said...

Becka... I hope you don't mind but I tracked you down through Kallee and Claytons blog. Is it ok if I add you on as a friend on our blog at laing07.blogspot.com? :) Your house is beautiful! I am glad that you finally have a place to live. I feel bad you have been challenged so much! Everything will work out though! Before you know it you will love it here. Then when it's time to go you will be sad. :) Your wonderful! The lord will take care of you! If I can help with anything please let me know!

Garmire's said...

Your home is beautiful! Hope you get your stuff soon. We miss you guys!

Sherice said...

Becka our new blog address is nicshericefam5.blogspot.com! I just changed it. Hope all is well!

Erica said...

Becka, I'm glad to hear you made it and are doing well. Our first few weeks with the Navy were tough too. I also am having to deal with the single mother thing. And church is really hard with the 4 boys! I'm sure it'll get better for both of us though. I finally started a blog, so you can check us out at onlythegooddyeblond.blogspot.com
Love, Erica Andres