Here is a little preview of what we have been up to! Ashden loves the squirrel's here! You can get so close to them before they run off. We thought this one was going to jump in the stroller with Mayce.
The Capitol building. It is very beautiful up close! Lots of gardens and flowers. Also lots of security!
This is the Smithsonian National American Indian Museum. It was very cool, it displayed a lot of culture, dress, art, dance, stories, and anything and everything you can think of about Indians.
Here are the Arrow Heads. Which were Ashden's favorite! He searches for arrow heads on a daily basis in the dirt! :)
This is the National green house botanical gardens. It was so awesome. It had plants, flowers and tree's from every where. It featured the jungle, rain forest, desert, and rare and endangered plants and flowers. IT was so beautiful.
Sweet little Mayce is such a good sport for all the action!
Along the streets down town DC there is all sorts of entertainment!
This is the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum. It was amazing.
Here is a space ship in the back ground!
Ok so a little bit of work. I thought this was such a cute picture. Ashden was so excited to work with Dad.
A little park action! These two love the swings!
We went to the National Zoo especially to see the panda bears!

Playing in the water
We were watching the ferry take the cars across the river.
Of course we have got some hiking in!
On our hike we found some wild raspberries. They were very tasty!
My two little monkeys!
Ashden has been swimming lots this summer and is even taking swim lessons.


Water park in VA.
So maybe the title is the exact opposite, but this move has been a lot of work which has been my excuse for not blogging. I am still not unpacked, it is difficult with two little monkeys. I think I get about one box done a day. Maybe I will be all unpacked in 200 days, that's about how many boxes we have; at least we have been having a little bit of fun in between.
12 comments:
Looks like a ton of fun. I know what you mean about unpacking. I am giving up. It has never taken this long before Oh well I would rather play too especailly when you have a husband at home. Shirlyn
Wow you have done so much fun things.
Dan and I keep talking about how we want to come and see you two. We will have to tag along on one of you adventures. I love all the pictures.
I'm glad to see that you made it to the capital building. You would think that would have been our first stop, it wasn't. In fact we never even got there. Look how much fun you guys are having. I can see that there's all sorts of adventurizing to be done since Ashden has his "tie shoes" on.
(Taylor quotes him all the time and we laugh and laugh:
"You're going on an adventure Uncy Tay? Let me go get my tie shoes on and I'll be ready to rock 'n' roll")
I can not believe how much sweet baby Mayce has changed. I'm shocked to see how different she looks since the last time I saw her 2 months ago. Look at all her hair and those top two teeth. She is so cute!
Good luck with all the unpacking. And hopefully you guys got everything squared away with the towing situation :)
Looks like you guys have had a lot of fun! I love the little outfits you put on Mayce! Miss you guys at playgroup!
Wow you guys have been busy lately. Looks like you're really getting to know the area. I can't believe how old Mayce is looking. She has grown up in the past few months. Glad things are going well.
Its good to get an update. Maycee looks so much bigger!
My family lived in Falls Church, VA when I was in elementary school. Lots of those sites look familiar. I loved visiting the zoo, museums, and historical monuments in D.C.
We love Mayce's two front teeth, they make her look so old! We're glad to see that you're still smiling. Those are some great pictures, love the up close of Mayce! We need to come visit. -Karol, Bryan and Camille
Looks like you guys are having tons of fun! Those 2 little monkeys are too cute. I love the picture of them at the pool, just hanging out. Mayce looks so cute and getting so big! those 2 could be twins. they are adorable. I miss them and just want to squoosh mayce! Hopefully we'll be able to make it out before too long to come see you guys.
you'll have to find some good trails for a good hike if we come out, and i'm sure that erik will have to go see that arrow head display!
Good luck with the unpacking, have fun decorating. i'm sure its looking great, Your house is so cute.
So are there any museums left to go to? :) It looks like you are adjusting well, and having a great time! The other day Trey was telling us that he could see Ashden because he now lives in Seattle. He is just a little confused as to where you guys are!
Hey Becka, heard about the car and the furniture from your Mom...such a bummer! I hope things work out for you. You're a tough chick,girl! It can only get better from here!
So that's good you bought a lawn mower (remember our conversation! :) ) The pics were cute and it was good to see all the fun things you guys have been doing,......geez you must not have any time to get bored!
What a lot of fun things you've been doing!!
Post a Comment