Monday, June 9, 2008

We Made It

What an adventure we are on. First of all our road trip across the US went really well. We got to see 10 states. We went through Nevada, Arizona, New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Tennessee, Virginia, Washington DC, and Maryland. It is so beautiful out here and so green. My mom drove out with us and I am so thankful that she did. Ashden and Mayce did really good. We drove about 500 miles a day. It took about 4 1/2 days. It was all fun and exciting until the last day and then we were ready to be out of the car! But we made it. We are still on the house hunt and what a wild ride it has been. We just put on offer on another house and we were a day to late. Somebody offered the day before and the seller accepted, so we are back on the hunt. We have looked at about 50 houses and it is so complicated trying to figure out the right area, schools, and neighborhood. I had know idea you had to take into consideration so so much when purchasing a home. So Extended Stay America is where we will reside for now. Hotel living is the best! (Did you catch the sarcasm :) Another wonderful thing out here is the humidity... it is great.... O my word who chooses to live in this, it is sooooo hot! Well that's all for now.

14 comments:

Sammy said...

Oh dear! That sounds like it is just crazy, its so good to hear you guys made it ok and it wasn't too crazy. Good luck with the house hunting, hopefully you'll find the perfect one! miss you all already.

Camille said...

Bummer on the house hunting!!! Bryan can give you pointers on hotel living...he was a pro. I'm sure it's a little bit different with two kids though...you're amazing! Good luck and we'll have to come visit when you find that dream home!

Unknown said...

Glad that you made it out here to the HEAT WAVE!! We will have to come and visit now! What a fun car ride though, huh!?

Rachel said...

I am glad you made it. Good luck with the house hunt. Heat wave, what heat wave....didn't you come from VEGAS?!

Lisa said...

Good luck on the house hunting!! I'm glad you made it safe and sound :)

c-natalie-l-k-l said...

I'm glad you guys made it!!! I hope that your house hunting will soon be successful! We miss you guys!

Thanks for the sandbox. Lucas LOVES it. As soon as he saw it, he jumped in, laid down, and rolled all over! Hopefully, this will mean many peaceful hours for me!!! :)

The Wynn Family said...

Glad you made it safely. Hope you house hunting goes smoothly. We miss you guys. Acadia and Trey keep asking if Ashden is coming over today.

The Cox Family said...

I am glad you guys made it to Washington. I know what you mean about the right area and schools and neighborhoods and then of course the commute. The sad part is after you buy a home if your anything like me then you hope you made the right decision. It will work out hang in there we are in Trippler lodging ourselves until we can close. (hopefully in a week or so)

Donene said...

I am glad that you made it and glad that your Mom could go with you, that is a long trip. Hopefully you can find a house quickly and get settled, Mel has said how hot it has been, we were below freezing last night.

The Obergs said...

Taylor kept me updated on your cross-country adventure, it sounds like you guys saw some good things, but I had no idea your mom was with you. It was probably a life saver to have her there keeping the kids entertained. Good luck with your house hunting.

Ashlee said...

wow becka you guys don't seem to stop! you seem to always be doing something fun and crazy. maRea told me all about your housing nightmare-im sorry, what a pain! hope all goes well:)

Meghan said...

Glad you survived the journey! Hope you find a house soon-moving is such a nightmare! Good luck.

Ce said...

Welcome to Washington D.C.!!! So glad you made it safely. I really do miss the 4th year students. You guys were awesome for friendship, support and encouragment and being the guinie (sp?) pigs for everything. I wish you all the best in finding a house and getting to know the area. Miss you lots. Sarah from Vegas

abo-bder said...




شركة تركيب اثاث ايكيا بالرياض
تركيب ستائر بالرياض
فني تركيب اثاث ايكيا شرق الرياض