This week we went to Disney Land, California Adventures, Sea World, San Diego Zoo, and the Beach. How much more fun could a four year old have. Actually I am pretty sure Bennett and I had equally the same amount of fun, we enjoyed every second of our time in California.
THE BEACH
It was pretty cold in San Diego, although it was a nice day the wind was blowing and the water was cold. This was Ashden and Bennett running into the water for the first time.
Bennett and Ashden enjoying the big waves as Ashden calls them.
After about 5 min they were running out, it was cold!
Mayce enjoyed herself also, but we all got sun burned.
SAN DIEGO ZOOThis is us at the zoo. It rained the whole day so it was a bit harder to conquer the whole zoo, but we did the best we could with two kids in the rain and cold.
The orangutans were our favorite
What troopers we were
The orangutan playing with Ashden
The orangutan playing with Mayce
SEA WORLD
Sea world was great! Here Ashden got to hold the star fish
We went to the sea lion, dolphin, and whale shows. The shows were so much fun. The animals were amazing. They had one show where they called a family out of the audience and had them do a few things and at the end they went to take the moms picture and she slipped and fell in the water. I was in a complete panic as the whales were swimming around her. Come to find out it was an act, she was a sea world trainer. She totally got me!
We thought this was so funny because Ashden just ran right up to this guy and smiled. At Disney Land he was so shy and would not stand by any of the characters.
Ashden and Bennett feeding the sting rays, Ashden wasn't to sure how he felt about the sting rays eating the fish right out of his hand so he would just drop them in the water and watch them eat them.
Bennett, Ashden, and Karli going on the roller coaster at sea world. I wussed out because it was cold and I did not want to get wet.

On the water ride we all got soaked!
I think this ride was one of our favorites. You shoot up in the air sooo fast.
Whats Disney Land with out the tea cups!
Here's Ashden being super shy! He wanted to see Buzz so bad but he got so nervous the closer we got. But he has been telling everyone that he met Buzz Lightyear.
Toon Town
This is us!
This is all of us but Craig standing by the "O" for Oberg!
We love you Bennett and are so proud of you! 
The orangutans were our favorite
What troopers we were
The orangutan playing with Ashden
The orangutan playing with Mayce
SEA WORLDSea world was great! Here Ashden got to hold the star fish
We went to the sea lion, dolphin, and whale shows. The shows were so much fun. The animals were amazing. They had one show where they called a family out of the audience and had them do a few things and at the end they went to take the moms picture and she slipped and fell in the water. I was in a complete panic as the whales were swimming around her. Come to find out it was an act, she was a sea world trainer. She totally got me!
We thought this was so funny because Ashden just ran right up to this guy and smiled. At Disney Land he was so shy and would not stand by any of the characters.
Ashden and Bennett feeding the sting rays, Ashden wasn't to sure how he felt about the sting rays eating the fish right out of his hand so he would just drop them in the water and watch them eat them.
Bennett, Ashden, and Karli going on the roller coaster at sea world. I wussed out because it was cold and I did not want to get wet.
DISNEY LAND/ CALIFORNIA ADVENTURES
We took Ashden on Splash Mountain and it scared the pants off him, but he wanted to keep going on it, so we went on it like 5 times. It was great because Ashden was tall enough to go on all the rides but two of them. He almost pulled off the Indiana Jones ride as they went to measure him he backed up on his tippy toes just as he was told to do by his dad and he almost pulled it off but they caught him and he was like 1/2 inch to short.

On the water ride we all got soaked!
I think this ride was one of our favorites. You shoot up in the air sooo fast.
Whats Disney Land with out the tea cups!
Here's Ashden being super shy! He wanted to see Buzz so bad but he got so nervous the closer we got. But he has been telling everyone that he met Buzz Lightyear.
Toon Town
This is us!
This is all of us but Craig standing by the "O" for Oberg!
We love you Bennett and are so proud of you! 
Well Bennett did it! HE GRADUATED from Medical School! I am sooo proud of him, he has worked really hard. After graduation we spent an awesome week in California. We had so much fun! Thanks Craig, Lynette and Karli for the funnest week ever!
13 comments:
Looks like a blast! Wish we could have seen Bennett in person in all his robes but we are so proud of him and you for supporting him through it all! We'll have to come visit you in DC!
It looks like you guys had so much fun, we're sorry that we couldn't have been there. We hooked up Craig's camera to the t.v. and watched all his pictures. They were so cute. I bet Ashden had the time of his life we heard Mayce was the best baby ever.
P.S. Thanks for sending that obnoxious gun home with the Oberg's. Taylor played with it all day yesterday and was just as annoying with it as a 4 year old...
Looks like a great time! We were so sad the whole week just thinking that you were all there and we couldn't go! We were so bummed to miss out on that, but thats great you had such a fun time. We are already missing you! Thats lucky that for the most part the weather was good for you guys!
Also, thanks so much for letting us camp out at your house, I know that it was probably pretty crazy that week! thanks so much, we love you guys, and really appreciate it. Good luck with the move.
It looks like so much fun! You look so stinkin cute!
I can't believe you rode the teacups, I think I might BARF :)
Looks like so much fun!! I LOVE Sea World and want to go to that Zoo so bad... maybe this summer :)
I love the picture of you and Ashden with the orangutan - that's my favorite :)
Congrats to you all on being DONE with medical school! We're going to miss you!
You got some great pictures!!! I love the one with Ashden and Buzz. Soooo funny.
Maybe we could come up with a week equally as fun here in D.C.?? I'm so glad you got to spend a week just having fun together. You are so good at getting out with the kids and doing all kinds of fun things, you have such a good attitude about it...I need to do better! Can't wait to see you. Call if there is anything we can do for you out here.
Fun! No wonder you guys are all tired! It was great that we could get together at Disneyland. We have had some great times together. We are going to miss you!
Looks like a great vacation - well deserved after four years of med school - congrats to Bennett - another great Doctor in the making!
What a fun trip! it will be one you will remember forever. I love Disneyland (the happiest place on earth). Way to go Bennett, what a great accomplishment and you have many more ahead of you. We are so happy for all you are and will be.
Congratulations on Graduation that is so exciting and we wish you guys lots of luck in Washington DC you will have so many great adventures keep us posted you never know where we might meet up in the military
shirlyn
Congratulations on Graduation that is so exciting and we wish you guys lots of luck in Washington DC you will have so many great adventures keep us posted you never know where we might meet up in the military
shirlyn
It looks like you guys had a blast! I love that picture of you and your sweet baby girl on the beach! LOOVE IT!
I couldn't agree more I would love to play now that you are a little more settled down! :) Just let me know when!
Post a Comment