Friday, November 26, 2010

Pink moustache and the unnamed

Some days surpass the spectacular. Take today in which I was the captivated spectator of an all-time epic sparkle pink moustache and the birth of a son.

Becka was in labor throughout the day and as a result of my continued insistence –you are doing great, let’s just see where this goes-the trip to the labor and delivery deck was held off. She finally could not take it any longer as the contractions were becoming more regular and painful so we headed over to the hospital to gain light of the situation. This all transpired at around six P.M. Soon after arrival, while I was entertaining the kids, I got a call from Becka with orders to hurry and take the kids to our friends house as it was about to go down. I raced to drop the kids off (thanks again Joe and Julia) then back to the hospital all the while navigating the unpredictable DC traffic patterns. Within 20 minutes of my return Becka and I were the proud parents of a beautiful baby boy. 20 and one quarter inches, 6 pounds 14 ounces, born at 6:55 on 26 Nov 2010. Becka and child are healthy and doing great and for now our son is going by his given Indian name which is Boy Without Name until a suitable alternative can be found.

19 comments:

MaRea Hess said...

Congratulations! That was a close call on making it back to the hospital before #3 was born. Can't wait to hear what you both pick for his name. What a cute baby!! Becka I hope you got your Black friday sales in early;).

Unknown said...

YEAH!! Congratulations guys! He is precious, and I love all of his hair. I think you should keep the Indian name. ;)

Donene said...

Congratulations!! He is so cute, and I am really liking his given indian name! He has so much hair and Bennett, I am thinking he kind of looks like you!

The Obergs said...

Some people smoke cigars with the birth of a child, and some people wear sparkle mustaches; I prefer the mustache, good choice Ash Man.

Congratulations you guys! Over 20 inches long and almost 7 pounds 3 weeks early!? Holy Smokes, he really was a man child. Becka, you are a champion.

I'm in love with all of his hair. I can't wait until you can comb it over into the used-car-salesman look that Mayce rocked.

Love you guys! Good luck with the transition into a 3 child family. Talk to you soon!

The Yates Family said...

Congratulations you guys! And what a handsome boy he is. Give Becka my love!

Julia Osmond said...

Oh he is so cute you guys! Congrats, we are so excited for you! Way to go Becka at holding out for so long, what a woman!!!

The Wynn Family said...

Congratulations!!! I had no idea that you were even pregnant. So much for doing a good job at keeping in touch. He is darling... and all that dark hair! LOVE IT!

Rachel said...

He is adorable. Congratulations :) I will call later!

Sammy said...

Becka and Bennett, congratulations! It was so exciting to be at Oberg's and for lynnette to get off the phone, "becka's in labor!" what a surprise, oh what a beautiful baby boy, i love all that hair, makes me want another one! ha ha even though Vi is only 4.5 months old. love you guys, can't wait to see more pictures and hear more about the little guy.

Anonymous said...

So cute, and all that HAIR! Congratulaions you guys!

c-natalie-l-k-l said...

Congratulations!! He is adorable! We are so happy for you guys! Becka, you look gorgeous!

robandkayla said...

Congrats!!!! So exciting Becka! Hope you're feeling ok :)

Mike and Kim said...

Good work on another cute little boy. We like his dark hair -- there must be something in the water out here.
Give us a call when you're feeling up to it, and we'll drop by with our little loaf of bologna so that they can cry together.

Mike and Kim said...

P.S. We can also bemoan how hard it is to have three kids.

Jill said...

Yahoo! I am so excited to see boy without name he is adorable. Way to go! I know the baby birthing business is not easy. I love you guys and am so happy for your new addition!

The Hardy's said...

Congratulations! Hope you're all doing well.

The Genuine Voice of Lisa said...

What a head full of hair! So adorable! He is beautiful! I hope your labor and delivery went well. It sounds like it went pretty fast. You look beautiful too. It is such a spiritual time when you first meet your little one. I am delighted for you. Cherish him.

Amanda said...

Wow congrats guys! I actually didn't even know you guys were expecting which makes this even more exciting!

abo-bder said...

فني تركيب دش
فني تركيب ستلايت بالرياض