Thursday, January 21, 2010

Playing Catch up

Over Christmas break we got record breaking snow. It was the biggest snow storm in like 20 years. Everything shut down. Thank goodness we had enough toilet paper because everything in the grocery store was gone the day before the for casted storm.



Mayce had never really played in the snow before so she was a little unsure. It was pretty cute!





Christmas this year was very memorable because we didn't get to go home. The kids had fun doing gingerbread houses Christmas Eve, and then we went to a beautiful Christmas program at the visitor center at the temple. I won't mention Bennett was on call that night so we spent the rest of the night at the hospital watching the Grinch in the waiting room, while Bennett took care of some one who had eye problems.



Opening there Christmas PJ's.
Christmas Eve. The traditional Oberg Picture

Christmas morning total craziness

Best dad in the world. Ashden made that hat for Bennett as one of his gifts! lol! I love it!

9 comments:

Sammy said...

Becka, we sure missed you this year but looks like you had a great Christmas. I bet it was so nice to stay home and let the kids have their fun with their new toys! that snow looks like such a blast, probably more than we've had combined this whole winter up in logan. What a fun time i bet the kids were just loving it. Hope to hear from you guys soon and that everyone's doing well! Tell the kiddos hi for us :)

The Hardy's said...

Do you still remember us,Becka?

Your home looks so beautiful just from those pictures. I LOVE your mustard colored wall. It looks like you have a knack for decorating.

Hearing you talk of D.C makes me want to come a visit there. I don't know if you remember that I told you I served my mission there- right in good old Alexandria and surrounding areas. It is a beautiful place. Enjoy it back there.

Donene said...

I love Bennett's hat, what a great gift. Looks like you had a memorable Christmas. I miss seeing you and your cute family.

Rachel said...

Nate is sitting right here and HE LOVES the crown bennett has. I think he loves it so much that I will have Kace make one for him, maybe for Father's Day! I love Mayce's pigtails. She is so cute. I sure hope I get to see you sometime and your kids :)

The Obergs said...

the picture of the snowman is great. It looks more like a stalagmite than a snowperson. A few highlights from this post are Mayce's piggies and Bennett's crown. It sounds kind of nice being able to have a cozy Christmas with just your family, but we did miss you. We didn't even get the "traditional Oberg picture". Taylor and I got one of just us, but somehow the family one was missed. I've been meaning to call you and catch up. Plan on hearing from me soon.

Camille said...

we sure missed you at Christmas time, but glad it was such a fun and memorable year! love the crown! tell ashden and mayce hello from us please and come visit soon!

Julia Osmond said...

I was so excited when I saw that you blogged! Cute pics! But there wasn't a picture of your amazing orange rolls that you made for Christmas Eve Brunch. Those were a work of art! You're the best!

c-natalie-l-k-l said...

What a fun Christmas! I can't believe all of that snow! I love the very tall snowman! Ashden and Mayce are so big and cute. Mayce's hair is so long! It's great to see pics of you guys!

Kallee said...

Oh Becka! The kids are getting so darn cute. Looks like Ashden and Bennett had some intense fun out in the snow. I'm still trying to figure out exactly what they made? We missed you at christmas, i love that you spent christmas eve in the hospital watching the grinch. That should be a lasting memory!