This year I convinced my friend Julia to run in a 10K turkey chase the morning of Thanksgiving. It was so much fun. It was one of the biggest races I have ran in. There was no parking so we didn't have any fans at the race to take any pictures, so this is after the race at the house.
After the big race it was time to cook. We so over did it! We had some friends come to our house for Thanksgiving dinner this year. Bennett bought a smoker and smoked the turkey for ten hours. It was the best turkey ever. We had some good food and a lot of it! This picture is after we were done eating. This isn't even all the food either. Gotta love Thanksgiving left overs.

I think Joe got enough, although he didn't eat very much.

The kids did great. They ate about 2 bites, didn't want any turkey, thought the pie was gross, but did some serious playing!

I just love her!

I did have some serious shopping plans for Friday but they fell through as I laid so comfy in my bed, and couldn't bring myself to get out of it at 4 am. So instead we slept in, ate pie for breakfast, and headed to Williamsberg VA. What a awesomely weird place! It is an old town that is still holding true to a lot of traditions done in the 1600's. The college there is the second oldest university in the U.S. We walked around Williamsberg and it was so neat to see all the shops, buildings, and churches still there. It was so easy to imagine how difficult life must have been. There was a lot of reenactment and people dressed to fit the part. It was very interesting and humbling to think that area was the place of the first Thanksgiving. It was amazing to see what the people from Europe had to endure to get to such an unknown place and then try and settle there.

Bennett wanted to know if this gentleman was exciting me as he rode past so proudly on his valiant steed! hahaha!

This was at a Protestant church. We went in and they were showing us there oldest artifact. It was a baptismal font believed to be where Pocahontas was baptised.

Some times I wish these were still used when the kids were being naughty!

Couple hours like this ought to make them behave! haha!

They really do like each other.... here is proof! A rare moment lately

So the real reason we drove two hours to Williamsberg is because good old Weber State was playing the first round of the play offs at William and Mary. It's true Bennett jumped at the opportunity to go watch our alma mater play a good old game of football. To bad they played terrible and lost, but that's OK we still had a great time!

6 comments:
Sounds like a great weekend! You look great :) Way to go on the 10k!!!
What a great Thanksgiving weekend! Way to go on the 10K! thats nuts way to go. You look so cute, that is so fun to have great friends out there with you so you had a good thanksgiving. Bennett's turkey sounds delish! Can't wait to see you at christmas the kids are getting so big! So adorable.Happy Holidays!
Glad you guys had fun! I was wondering if you got up and went shopping on black Friday. Good for you for sleeping in your warm bed instead of outside in the rain. :)
I love your hair in those pictures. You look so cute. We need to get together soon.
How fun! I so wanted to do a race Thanksgiving morning, but Steve worked and I couldn't find one nearby.
That looks like you had a great Thanksgiving! Way to go in the race and making dinner, you really are super Mom!!
What a fun weekend, I love that you got up early and ran in a race:)!
Post a Comment