Saturday, December 6, 2008

You'll Shoot your eye out



SO SO COLD look at Mayce's nose (my little rudolph)

This year I have not jumped right into Christmas mode like I usually do. I am not sure why, but today I decided to take the kids down town to a Christmas winter wonder land celebration. It was a lot of fun, but boy was it cold. It wasn't cold like I am used to growing up in Utah, it was cold as in humid cold! It was bone chilling cold. Not to mention it started snowing. The celebration was great, a lot of singing, dancing, and Christmas display everywhere. It helped bring in the Christmas spirit. Ashden was very excited to see Santa. We have watched a few Christmas movies the last couple nights with the latest one being the famous Christmas Story. I had to fast forward through a lot of it because I felt like it was over Ashden's head and I didn't want him picking up on any swear words. Or getting any crazy ideas! haha:) Anyways back to today. We are standing in line to see Santa and I asked Ashden what he was going to ask Santa for. He just smiled and said toys. Well we get up to Santa and Ashden sits down next to him, Santa asked Ashden what he wanted for Christmas. Ashden said “I want a gun and don’t worry I won’t shoot my eye out!" Everyone just started laughing. Santa told him he thought a four year old was a little young for a bb gun, but maybe next year. Ashden was then told maybe he could get an Indiana Jones rope. He seemed satisfied with that. I got a good laugh out of that one. Mayce on the other hand was terrified of Santa and screamed until back into my arms. What funny kids!

14 comments:

This is me.... Kristen said...

Oh my gosh that picture of Macey is priceless!

MaRea Hess said...

Have you guys been watching The Christmas Story at your house? Every little boy needs a BB gun in due time, very funny. Have you decided if you are coming home for Christmas? Now that gas prices are $1.50 make the drive it's only a few days of pure joy in a car.

Unknown said...

That is hilarious!! Too bad you couldn't have gotten it on video. Poor little Mayce's nose. It does it very cold out here.

Unknown said...

Wow, that last sentence makes no sense. I was shooting for, It does get very cold out here.

Donene said...

That story is just hilarious and I laughed out loud when I read what Ashden told Santa he wanted. Ashden is so cute and I wished we lived closer so we could see his cute personality more. Mayce looks like Santa isn't who she wants to be friends with or maybe it was just because she was so cold, anyway she still looks cute.

The Obergs said...

Becka, we have been laughing about this story all week. We've even recounted it to a few random friends and family members, who also found it hilarious. Where does Ashden come up with some of this stuff? You might have to keep him away from all media that could even remotely plant some hair-brained ideas.

Only 15 more days until you guys are here, we can't wait!

Rachel said...

Ashden says the funniest things. How do you stop laughing all day long and how do you not see him laughing at the things he says?

Kallee said...

Looks like Mayce had the same reaction Jared did! "shoot my eye out" that's a good one. The Christmas Story is one of our family's all time favorite movies!

I am getting more anxious for you with each passing day! I hope the plane ride goes smoothly and I am glad to know that Bennett can take you to the airport. We can't wait to see you.

Yeah, Helga took the pictures of Kinlee and Jared! She does such a good job!

c-natalie-l-k-l said...

Ashden is so funny!! And I love Mayce's screaming pic with Santa. Every kid has one! I hope you guys have a wonderful Christmas!

The Cox Family said...

At least you get to wear coats. I am not sure if I could even handle cold anymore. I get cold if we have the air on in the car. I hope all is going well for you guys and you are surviving this year. Of course you can give your friend our email or my numnber it is 808-888-0363. Merry Christmas Shirlyn

MaRea Hess said...

So I can't find my phone, and I need your number so I can call you. We need to go to lunch or something before you leave so call me on our home phone. 752 6096

Ercanbrack Family said...

Isn't it funny the things they come up with to say. That is so cute with them and Santa. You guys look cold!!! We are coming down to the last interview and Britt Still won't lean one way or the other.( it drives me nuts!!) oh well I know we will be some where in the fall. Looks like you guys are doing great we'll send some snow your way from Veags:)

~H said...

oh my heavens it sounds like you guys had a blast for the holidays! :) The kids are getting so big!
I was just thinking of you and wanted you to know that! Are you guys loving the East yet?
Have a great day!

Sherice said...

I hope you guys had a great Christmas. I'm sad we didn't get to see you. Happy New Year!!