Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Cancun

I have not been in the mood to blog lately because life has just been crazy busy every since we got home from Cancun. Cancun was so much fun. It was really great to see the fam! We did have a great vacation. A lot of the time we snorkeled! Boy did we snorkel! It was amazing. I love how clear the water is and how colorful the fish are. We also went to Tulum and saw some ruins that were very cool and right on the beach. We did a little shopping, a lot of eating ( taco fest as Bennett liked to call it!), and a lot of swimming and hanging out on the beach. We hired Captain KiKi to take us to a private reef which was very cool. When he told me to jump in I looked down and there was a giant sting ray. Scary!

This was on the deck of our room at the Fiesta Americana. It was so beautiful!
Eating Coconut Shrimp right on the beach. It doesn't get any better than this!

Drinking from a coconut. Not the best tasting... but fun when you are some where tropical! This was one of the most memorable things we did. We rode bikes at Xel Ha after we had tubed down a river into the ocean and snorkeled for hours we rode bikes through the jungle! It was so much fun we did the jungle tour like 3 times.
Again at Xel Ha nothing like cliff jumping. It was a lot of fun, and of course Bennett was all over it!
Camille's 5 min of fame! Very impressive! :)

Bennett showing us what he's got!

7 comments:

The Wynn Family said...

And I thought residency was suppose to be work! j/k Glad you guys had a great time. Did you decide on what is going to happen next year? Let us know.

MaRea Hess said...

I think I am ready to go on a trip, without kids!! I love that everyone is without child. You mom looks so cute in between Bennett and Clayton, very small! I think you need to post more photos of the trip so we can feel the warmth of the sun through the pictures.

Johnsons said...

I am glad you guys had so much fun. I am still so jealous! Call me if you still want to do something tomorrow.

Sammy said...

WOW! Cancun is beautiful! how fun is that, I bet it was so nice for you two to get away from your everyday life and take such a nice vacation! The water is beautiful, the snorkeling sounds amazing, the cliff diving looks fabulous, and the food! yum-o!!! how fun, I think the Oberg family needs to take a trip to Mexico now! Fiesta Americana is an awesome hotel, we went to one in Puerto Vallarta, so nice!

Evensen Family said...

Sounds like you guys have been doing a lot of fun things out there. Hope everythings going well. Chris and I have a trip planned to Cancun for graduation, so we'll have to copy your trip. It looked like a lot of fun.

Anonymous said...

Cancun looks so much fun. When are we going with you!!!!
I love all the pictures it was fun.

Donene said...

That looks like so much fun especially the bike ride through the jungle. I am glad that you had a great trip.