Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Preschool




It's finally here! Ashden has been waiting and waiting and today was the day he started school. He was so excited. I went and picked him up and he told me that him and one of the teachers named Ricky were dudes. So I take that as he likes the teacher? He is such a funny kid! Lately we have been laughing and laughing at some of the things he has been saying.
For example we pulled up to McDonald's and I am glancing over the menu and he apparently already new what he wanted so he just rolled down his window and said " I will have a double crabby patty with extra lettuce and double ions" (that's what he calls onions). The lady at the drive through window was like WHAT? I just started laughing.
The other day Ashden had to get his chicken pox vaccination and the nurse told me he might experience some minor burning sensation around the area of where he got his shot. Well on the way home Ashden all of the sudden yells "my leg is smoking hot" and he started blowing on his leg trying to cool his leg off! It was pretty funny.
Ashden has a weird cork about what he wears. He is so picky. He calls shirts that have collars on them his " handsome shirts". Well he refuses to wear his handsome shirts. Although last night before he went to bed I asked him what he wanted to wear to his first day of school, and he said " Mom I will wear a handsome shirt." So we had a major break through! He also does not like to wear shirts that have stripes. And the latest thing is he doesnt want to wear underwear anymore???
And then there are his usual grown up words he tries to throw into his sentence such as ridiculous and apparently. And " I am going to do what I want to do, and you do what you want to do."
But at his sweetest moments which at times seems like there are very few (sigh ) I did catch him at 2 am one night while I was up with Mayce on his knees praying... pleading to have the monsters leave his room so he could go to sleep. He really is a good kid, and I love him lots!

14 comments:

Sammy said...

That is the cutest thing ever! I miss that kid, I'm glad that he wanted to wear his handsome shirt to school, he looked extra handsome! That is so fun, and great that he enjoyed his first day of school! Tell him hi and we love him!

Johnsons said...

He is so funny. I was laughing my head off reading the whole post. Wyatt just started school today too. He was so excited. Does Ash go every day?

The Obergs said...

what a goofus! Taylor and I just laugh and laugh at the things he says. Where does he come up with this stuff? I think my favorite thing about this post was the "double crabby patty"... nothing like a little spongebob to lighten your day.

Donene said...

I was glad that we were able to get to know Ashden better. He is a fun kid and enjoys life to the fullest. His comments make me smile because he has such a cute personality. I am glad that he finally gets to go to preschool. Thanks again for letting us spend the night with you and your cute family, it was really fun.

The Yates Family said...

That is so sweet. What a good kid. You had to be going back to bed with the biggest smile on your face.

Unknown said...

Ashden is quite the kiddo. He does come up with some pretty funny stuff. I think I would of started crying if I would of heard his little prayer. How sweet!

The Wynn Family said...

He is such a riot! We miss having him around.

Rachel said...

That is SO FUNNY about the........well everything, except for the praying for monsters to leave, that is cute.
So what did you decide to do about preschool? where is he going?

Ashlee said...

what a cute new blog template, i love it! pre-school is such a big step, huh? he is so stinkin' big i can't believe it. hope life is good,
ashlee

Kallee said...

What a big boy. Sounds like he's going to be a lot like Clayton...always a teachers pet:). Those are the cutest stories and I love his pray for the monsters to leave his room. You are teaching him well.

So, what have you been doing about him refusing to wear underwear? Every now and then Kinlee does the same thing, she'd go to church naked if I let her!

Ercanbrack Family said...

That is so cute he was praying for the monsters to leave!!!

MaRea Hess said...

I don't think there is a sweeter thing to find your kid doing, than praying for monsters to leave. What is up with kids and monsters. I don't know where they learn about them but, apparently all kids are afraid of monsters at night.

Trisha said...

The crabby patty line is awesome! What a funny kid:) I'm glad we "found" each other!

Sherice said...

Becka I love it!! He and Kade need to hang out. Kaden has the same love/hate relationship with clothing. He hates the "handsome shirts" as well, and would pretty much chill in his jammies 24/7 if I would allow it. That makes me feel a little better that he is not alone. Ashden is a funny boy! We miss you guys- hope all is well!