Monday, August 25, 2008

The Beach

This last weekend we went to Bethany Beach in Delaware. It was a lot of fun! Thanks to my brother and the Johnson family we had a really great time. Ashden and all the cousins played in the ocean for like 6 hours with out getting out of the water. It was awesome.

Mayce had fun also and only put about 2 handfuls of sand in her mouth before she realized it was yucky! She ended up falling asleep for like 2 hours, so mom and dad had a good time too! :)

Mayce and sweet little Crystal playing in the sand. Ashden got so brave with the waves. At first he would run in and then run out when the waves were coming, but by the end of the day him, Brandon and Wyatt (cousins) were riding the waves in and getting sucked back out. It was pretty funny to watch. Here comes a huge wave
RUN!!!
When we first got there all we could see was the water, but then when we saw the beach we were shocked with how crowded it was. It was like this for 10 miles in both directions. Typical for the East Coast. Way to many people back here! :)
Brandon and Ashden getting sucked back in
Me and Amy got in on a little wave action
At the end of the day we ate fresh sea food and it was delicious. Nothing like good food and great company, we had a blast!

12 comments:

Jill said...

Tell me how you move so far away and still get to have your kids play with the cousins. Your too lucky especially because your beach vacation looks like a blast I am so jealous. I hope you are well. Your kids look older even since your last post that is crazy.

Lisa said...

Ashden looks so grown up! (& Mayce too)

The Wynn Family said...

Ahhh the beach! It looks like you are having way too much fun. Miss you guys.

Sammy said...

How fun is that! That looks like such a blast, that first picture of Mayce is to die for! She is so adorable, and getting sooo big! I can't believe it! I love the pictures of Ashden running with the waves, so much fun.

The Obergs said...

Look how many great adventures you guys are having. I'm so jealous that you're close to such a great beach. I never even think about the east coast beaches, but I guess there is an ocean over there too huh :) Lynette showed us pictures of her fun trip, it made me and Taylor miss the kids so bad. Give them hugs for us. Next time you stumble across 160 plane ticket, let us know and we'll come visit you guys.

Kallee said...

I'm so jealous. I honestly can't believe how many people were on the beach, you weren't lying when you said it was crowded:). We miss you guys so much! On Saturday one of Bryan's friends came up to your mom's house to visit. His little boy's name was Ashton and we kept trying to explain to Kinlee that "this is Ashton." She was certain that he wasn't THE Ashden....that she loves and adores with everything inside of her:).

So glad you had fun at the beach, can't wait for some Cancun fun!!!

Johnsons said...

You got some great pictures. We are thinking about going camping this weekend, would you guys want to go???

Ali's 2 boys said...

hey guys!
Looks like fun! Ya wanna meet us in New York?
How far of a drive is that for you?
We could go to the Bronx Zoo. Oooo fun!

Rachel said...

YUM! Fresh sea food, I want some :)
It has been good to talk to you.....

I can't believe all the people, that is CRAZY!

Nay said...

Sounds like my kind of day-how perfect!
Maycee's hair is growning and
Ashden reminds me so much of my Sean.

The Cox Family said...

Looks like tons of fun. It is nice you have so much variety back east. Shirlyn PS I hope residency is treating you well

The Hardy's said...

Of course I remember you! I'm glad you are doing well. In fact, I had your blog address from way back before you moved and just found it on my desk so I logged onto it last week. I thought I left a comment but I may have gotten interrupted and didn't send it.

Evan is starting preschool at ABC again next Tuesday. Wish you still lived here. We could get him and Ashden together to be buds. Oh well. Your kids are darling.

Hang in there and just keep being your cute little self. People will love you.